In an EMERGENCY,
call 999 for an Ambulance
Dialling 999 is the sensible response for a serious health emergency. In the following situations, dialling 999 would be appropriate:
- Accidents that result in severe injuries
- Loss of consciousness
- Acute congestion
- Chest pain or suspicion of heart attack
- Severe allergic reactions (anaphylactic shock)
- Conditions or injuries related to pregnancy and childbirth
- Sudden and severe shortness of breath
- Suspected stroke
Should you need to dial 999, try to stay calm.
An operator will answer and respond with,
“Emergency. Which service, please?”
Be as clear about your emergency and about your
Location as you can.