We provide a confidential (private) service to all island young people (YP) under the age of 19 years.
You will remain completely anonymous throughout your chat and the professional giving the advice also remains anonymous ensuring a totally confidential service.
- You have a right to be treated with respect and dignity
- We recognise that the duty of confidentiality owed to a person under 16 is as great as the duty owed to any other person
- We will be sensitive and discreet about any information you share with us
There are times when we have to tell someone else what is happening e.g.
- If you are under 18 and tell us about someone who has abused you sexually, physically or emotionally
- If your life is at serious risk
- If another person's life is at risk
Except in very unusual circumstances we would always discuss this with you first and give you all the support you need.
If you have any concerns about any aspect of confidentiality then please talk to the Live Chat Clinician.